The Strappelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOCG derives from the traditional R7 clone of the Teramane hills. 75% of aging takes place in steel and the remaining 25% in 3rd-4th passage French oak barriques. In this way, the related scents will be more tenuous and less predominant.
100% Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Grapes are of organic farming, grassing of the vineyard, Guyot pruning
The wine is of an intense red colour with purple reflections. The Bouquet is ethereal and fruity with hints of autumn red fruits. Full bodied wine with good alcohol content and strong tannins . A warm and full bodied taste with strong tannins.
AVERAGE AGE OF THE VINE
Yield per HECTARE
HARVESTING AND WINEMAKING
Hand-picked with careful selection of the bunches, fermentation and long maceration
Ideal with roast and braised meats, mature cheeses, cured meats
NUMBER OF BOTTLES IN 2018
BOTTLED BY: AZ. VITIV. STRAPPELLI GUIDO IN TORANO NUOVO (TE) – ITALY
PRODUCT OF ITALY
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14,5% vol